All pupils at Pen Y Dre High School take part in examinations, some of which are set internally and some externally. Internal examinations are set and managed by staff within the school, and take place towards the end of the school year at a time which fits with the school calendar. External examinations are set by examination boards outside school and are strictly regulated by a rule book which dictates when and how the examinations are run. At any time during an external examination the school can be visited by an Inspector to ensure that all regulations are being adhered to.
Information For Candidates For External Examinations
Information For Candidates For Controlled Assessment
Information For Candidates For Non Examination Assessment
Information For Candidates For Coursework
Information For Candidates - Privacy Notice
Information For Candidates - Social Media
- Morning exams start at 9.00am
- Afternoon exams start at 1.00pm
You must arrive at school by 8.30am for the morning sessions and by 12.30pm for the afternoon sessions, dependent on the length of your examination. Always check with the examination manager Mr C Whitney or Mrs V Prosser Deputy Head about exam start times. (Do not follow the advice on the timetable slip of 9:15 am and 1:30 pm start times – these are national times and not school based times)
- School uniform must be worn for all examinations.
- All answers, unless otherwise stated on the examination paper, are to be written in BLACK ball point pen.
- You MUST NOT have a mobile phone on your person in the examination room, whether switched on or not.
- Any absence from an examination, owing to ill health, must be certified by a Doctor’s note and forwarded to the school as soon as possible.
- You are NOT allowed to talk or communicate with another candidates in any way during the examination.
- Anyone engaged in unfair practice will be dealt with according to the rules of the exam board and this may have serious implications for all of your examinations, not just the paper you are sitting at that time.
In the event of an emergency you must phone the school and inform us of your circumstances; the school telephone number is 01685 351845.
All pupils will be provided with an examination timetable in advance of their examinations. For internal examinations they usually receive a general timetable and for external examinations they will receive both a general and an individual timetable.
Revision timetables are available to print by clicking here. An example of a revision timetable is available by click here.
2018-2019 Examination Timetable
Controlled Assessment Staff Responsibilities
Non Examination Controlled Assessment Staff Responsibilities
Controlled Assessment Risk Management
Non Examination Controlled Assessment Risk Management
Internal Appeals Procedure
PYD Revision Drive