Centre Determined Grades appeals process Parent Pupil guide
Centre Review and Appeals Request Form
Qualifications wales Centre Reviews & Appeals 2021
Qualification Wales letter to learners 20th May 2021
Year 11 End of Term Arrangements
Pen Y Dre High School Centre Policy on Assessment and Quality Assurance Processes for the Summer 2021 Alternative Arrangements is accessible by clicking here.
Parental Guidance for CDG 2021 is available by clicking here.
WJEC Student Guide is available by clicking here
All pupils at Pen Y Dre High School take part in examinations, some of which are set internally and some externally. Internal examinations are set and managed by staff within the school, and take place towards the end of the school year at a time which fits with the school calendar. External examinations are set by examination boards outside school and are strictly regulated by a rule book which dictates when and how the examinations are run. At any time during an external examination the school can be visited by an Inspector to ensure that all regulations are being adhered to.
Information For Candidates For External Examinations
Information For Candidates For Controlled Assessment
Information For Candidates For Non Examination Assessment
Information For Candidates For Coursework
Information For Candidates - Privacy Notice
Information For Candidates - Social Media
- Morning exams start at 9.00am
- Afternoon exams start at 1.00pm
You must arrive at school by 8.30am for the morning sessions and by 12.30pm for the afternoon sessions, dependent on the length of your examination. Always check with the examination manager Mr C Whitney or Mrs V Prosser Deputy Head about exam start times. (Do not follow the advice on the timetable slip of 9:15 am and 1:30 pm start times – these are national times and not school based times)
- School uniform must be worn for all examinations.
- All answers, unless otherwise stated on the examination paper, are to be written in BLACK ball point pen.
- You MUST NOT have a mobile phone on your person in the examination room, whether switched on or not.
- Any absence from an examination, owing to ill health, must be certified by a Doctor’s note and forwarded to the school as soon as possible.
- You are NOT allowed to talk or communicate with another candidates in any way during the examination.
- Anyone engaged in unfair practice will be dealt with according to the rules of the exam board and this may have serious implications for all of your examinations, not just the paper you are sitting at that time.
In the event of an emergency you must phone the school and inform us of your circumstances; the school telephone number is 01685 351845.
Controlled Assessment Staff Responsibilities
Non Examination Controlled Assessment Staff Responsibilities
Controlled Assessment Risk Management
Non Examination Controlled Assessment Risk Management
Internal Appeals Procedure
Watch videos with advice for parents/carers whose children are sitting exams by click here
Watch videos showing how to cope with exam stress and pressure by click here